What do we do when we are left feeling unfamiliar emotions? Parts of what we feel we recognize, but there are parts that we don’t understand. It has been over a week after my friend’s passing and I continue to feel deeply. On today’s podcast I share the importance of not moving past the emotions, but to sit in them, giving time to understand what I’m feeling and allowing myself to learn the lessons. There is value in learning to emotionally regulate but part of that is understanding the messages our emotions are giving us and allowing ourself to sit in them without distraction or strategize a way out of feeling them.
- 336: Wintering: Its Importance in Our Lives and its Role in My Second Divorce
- 335: Thriving When We Have Questions & Uncertainty | with Andy Proctor of More Happy Life
- 334: Lifting Out of Depression and the War in Our Mind through Music and Anchoring to God | with Paul Cardall and Ellee Duke of The Worth of Souls Project
- 333: Examining the Voice that Fuels You: A Reveal on Shame, an Eating Disorder, a Diagnosis, and Not Fixing Others | with Rachel Nielson of 3 in 30 Podcast
- 332: Taking Charge of Our Own Lives, the Power of the Individual, and Pressing on to Find a New Normal | with Jodi Orgill Brown
About The Host
Briana Johnson is a professional plate spinner and life juggler. Her passion is people. Her super power is X-ray vision into seeing the extraordinary within each of us. She helps illuminate the extraordinary in everyday people to her listeners through her podcast The LifeBeats Project: Pursuing the Art of Living Extraordinarily.