What do we do when we are left feeling unfamiliar emotions? Parts of what we feel we recognize, but there are parts that we don’t understand. It has been over a week after my friend’s passing and I continue to feel deeply. On today’s podcast I share the importance of not moving past the emotions, but to sit in them, giving time to understand what I’m feeling and allowing myself to learn the lessons. There is value in learning to emotionally regulate but part of that is understanding the messages our emotions are giving us and allowing ourself to sit in them without distraction or strategize a way out of feeling them.
- 322: Giving Weight to Your Own Voice and the Extraordinary Within | with Jessica Dahlquist of Extraordinary Moms
- 321: Breaking Free from People Pleasing & Learning to Write Our Own Narrative | with Morgan Gifford of Motherhood Revival
- 320: Making Preemptive Decisions and Redesigning Your Life to Stop the Numbing and Start Recovery | with Tiffany Han of Raise Your Hand and Say Yes
- 319: Making A Practice of Living, Coming Back to Now, and Taking Ownership of Your Life | with Amy Newman of Whole Life With Amy
- 318: Surrendering, Being Led Instead of Driven, Foundational Doctrines Binding an Inter-Faith Marriage, and Music as Personal Revelation | with Paul and Tina Cardall
About The Host
Briana Johnson is a professional plate spinner and life juggler. Her passion is people. Her super power is X-ray vision into seeing the extraordinary within each of us. She helps illuminate the extraordinary in everyday people to her listeners through her podcast The LifeBeats Project: Pursuing the Art of Living Extraordinarily.